Campagnolo Record/Super Record EPS V3 Power Unit
The Power Unit was originally modified to be mounted internally both to protect it from the elements as well as to confer an aerodynamic advantage to the overall build. With the advent of increasingly aerodynamic frames and with them even slimmer tube forms Campagnolo has produced an even more advanced version of its power unit ; the V3.
This new version of the internal power unit maintains all of the previous characteristics and technologies that derive from the V2 such as a vibration absorbing outer material, ultrasonic seals providing a waterproof construction and industry leading autonomy and house them all in a slimmer, more versatile package.
This new structure opens up the possibilities for internal mounting not only in the most aerodynamic framesets with very slim tube designs but also gives a greater deal of flexibility with regards to placement within the frameset. Thanks to this new slim structure the EPS advantage is now available for all frames, no matter which make or model you choose.
- New Shape: V3 Power Unit integrates battery pack and electronic intelligence board within a sealed unit with a total length of 232 mm and a diameter of only 16,6 mm.
- Seatpost mount compatible:the reduced diameter (16,6 mm) allows the V3 Power Unit to be mounted within the seatpost, by using one of the two available adapters (for ø 27,2 and ø 31,6 mm), thus reducing assembly time.
- Specially developed internal casing designed to makes the system 100% waterproof: for maximum protection of the battery and electronic components on even the worst road surfaces.
- DTI Digital Tech Intelligence: the digital brain of the EPSTM drivetrain. DTITM monitors and checks the battery, transmits and receives signals to and from the interface and controls and monitors the functions of the rear and front derailleur.
- Seat tube/ Down tube adaptor mount: allows the Power Unit V3 to be mounted in either the down tube or seat tube by taking advantage of the water bottle cage mounts.
- Weight: 106 gr.