Innovating the wheel that for years has been a market benchmark might have seemed diffcult and risky, but the Campy Tech Lab designers have managed to maintain those characteristics of fexibility and ease of handling that have made this high-profle wheel easy to steer, high performing and safe.
The new Bora Ultra 50 bursts onto the market not only with introduction of the new wheel dedicated to the clincher, but also with improvements to the previous version in terms of lightness, aerodynamics, stiffness and comfort thanks to use of the new wider rim and front and rear hubs with different diameters.
Plus extremely clean-cut aesthetics guaranteed by innovative water transfer graphics. all without giving up on the extreme smoothness, which has become the market benchmark and is the result of use of CULT bearings.
The Bora Ultra 50 wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation.
This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo® wheels.
- NEW FULL-CARBON RIM, 24.2 MM WIDE, FOR TUBULARS AND CLINCHERS: great comfort and maximum aerodynamics for interacting with new tire standards. Extremely high lateral wheel stiffness and reactivity.
- 3DIAMANT – BRAKE SURFACE TREATMENT: this process eliminates the “breaking-in” period, improves braking performance under both wet and dry conditions and creates a more linear and smooth overall braking performance.
- EXCLUSIVE RIM PRINTING SYSTEM: rim painting no longer required. The weight is greatly reduced and the surface is free from imperfections.
- EXCLUSIVE G3 SPOKE PATTERN: perfect balance of the spoke tensions on both sides of the wheel. reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. G3 eliminates vibrations even with “heavy” cyclists.
- RDB™ RIM DYNAMIC BALANCE: exclusive system that assures perfect balancing of the rim even at high speeds. Moulded into the rim itself.
- NEW BRAKE PADS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR CARBON WHEELS: the new blend increases the brake performance by about 40% on wet surfaces and 20% on dry surfaces without increasing the wear and tear on the pad. For a more modular and more secure stop..SPOKES WITH AERODYNAMIC PROFILE: provides the maximum aerodynamic penetration. Reduces aerodynamic drag saving rider energy.
- CARBON FIBRE HUB: provides a high degree of lateral stiffness and reduces weight to the minimum.
- OVERSIZED FLANGE: greater torsional stiffness and greater reactivity.
- CUP AND CONE BEARINGS: easy ball/bearing adjustment – reduces possible ball/bearing play – precision operation – maintains performance over time
- CULT: the combination of the highest quality ceramic bearings with housing in special Cronitect® steel. Nine times smoother than the standard system. Eliminates oxidation and maintains performance over time.
- ALUMINIUM AXLE: reduces the weight of the wheel.
- QUICK RELEASE: new, completely redesigned and lighter aerodynamic-profile wheel block. Steel spine and eccentric, lever with drill lightening and aluminum die.
- WEIGHT:1215 g
Eccentric-closure system allows cyclist to modulate the pressure necessary for heightened sensitivity to find the proper closure for the block. Easy to use, with a material resistant to wear and tear, rust, and pressure.